We are Hiring!
Join the team at House of Escapes and House of Games! It's been a long wait, but we are finally ready to expand our team...
We are looking for enthusiastic part-time staff to help with the running of our brand-new Escape Room and Games Hub in the centre of Nuneaton.
There is no time to get bored here and no day ever looks the same.
The role consists of meeting and greeting both Escape Room and Games Hub customers and looking after them whilst they are at our venue. This is a very varied role with many facets and we are looking for people who are willing to be part of a team and be flexible to what is needed. We have a large number of experiences available during the day with quick turnarounds and a strict schedule to keep everyone on track. We expect to maintain the highest standards of customer service throughout this and are looking for people who have this same ethos.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for temporary work (moving away to attend Uni in Sept, etc).
If you do not meet the criteria this time, please sign up to our mailing list and tick vacancies for more roles coming in the near future, some of which may require less experience.
The job involves:
- Meet and greet customers as they arrive for their experience and get them checked in.
- Escape Room customers – set them up for their experience from the preparation stage (waivers, lockers and toilets, health conditions) through to starting their briefing and then taking them to their Escape Room. When they finish, debriefing and group photo. Also, uploading team photos onto social media or the website, if required.
- Games Hub customers – settling them into the Games Hub, checking out their chosen game to them, checking it back in making sure it’s complete and packed away appropriately, and where time allows, giving them any advice or support in playing the game. Some customers may also request a recommendation.
- All customers – taking orders for drinks and snacks, preparing their order, waiting tables, washing up, cleaning, checking replenishables, merchandise sales and anything else related to this.
- Miscellaneous admin and reception cover as required which may include answering the phone and taking bookings.
- Set up and prepare additional services such as party packages or room layout.
- In a rare quiet moment, you may be asked to distribute fliers or do online marketing.
Any other reasonable tasks as requested.
Our ideal team member looks like this:
- Passionate about customer service, escape rooms and games. We have a wide array of games, from classic board games, through strategy to a huge number of Escape Room in a Box games, our personal favourites. If Escape Rooms and Games are not your thing, this job isn’t for you.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, welcoming and able to put people at their ease.
- Able to work as part of team but also to be able to operate independently and make decisions if required.
- Responsible, professional and able to use their initiative to see what needs to be done. There may be times when you are left unsupervised and will need to keep things under control.
- Strong customer service skills. Customer service is paramount to what we do. We aim to offer unrivalled customer service. This is a luxury industry, people do not NEED what we do so it’s important to offer them value for money and ensure that they feel like they are the most important part of the whole event. We strive to always put the customer first, and if we get that wrong, to go above and beyond to put that right.
- Confident, but with the ability to read a group and know when to hold back. You will need to interact with customers at their level to enable them to feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Be adaptable, open to new skills, learn quickly and think on their feet.
- Ability to remember a script and procedures such as check in. We have fixed ways of doing things to ensure everything is covered and we are conforming to the necessary rules and requirements whilst also keeping our customers safe, happy and having fun.
- The ability to cope with a fast-paced environment and remain serene and calm whatever the circumstances. Not easily fazed!
- Excellent personal hygiene and standards of cleanliness in keeping with legal guidelines, delivering professional customer service, maintaining high standards with the venue and also helping to keep staff and customers safe from covid-19.
|The escape room industry is one of the fastest growing entertainment sectors in the world and this is a unique opportunity to be front of house where the magic happens. Our customers come here to have fun, and it is our responsibility to provide a great atmosphere for them to do so in. We are just opening the doors now, and there is plenty of opportunity to join us on this journey and grow your career with us. This is a challenging but incredibly fun and rewarding job and we are excited about meeting like-minded people who are passionate about what we do and want to be part of it.|
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience (compulsory)
• Experience with cash and payment handling (compulsory)
• Experience with using technology, for example, tablets to take orders (compulsory)
• Board Game and Escape Room experience (compulsory)
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (preferred – you must complete it with us if not)
• Experience making hot drinks and waiting tables (preferred)
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We'd love to hear from you.
Please include the following information in your covering letter:
• What appeals to you about this role, and why you think you’re our ideal team member.
• A little bit about yourself and what you think that you can uniquely bring to our team.
• Your availability/flexibility.
• Whether you have another job that you would be continuing alongside this.
• Whether this is a career you would like to progress in.
Payment is on an hourly rate starting at minimum wage.
Probation is 3 months.
Job Types: Part-time flexible, up to 25 hours per week across Wednesday eve, Thursday eve, Friday eve and all-day Saturday. You must be available on Saturdays and Friday evenings, however, we do have an early shift and a late shift on Saturday.
Please note that all staff members who will be handling payments will be DBS checked. Also, all staff who are not double vaccinated against covid-19 will be required to wear a mask on site in keeping with our covid-19 policies, or to provide evidence of a negative covid-19 test before each shift starts for as long as is required.
TimeSquared, House of Escapes and House of Games are an equal opportunities employer.